Hope in the Lord, and He will sustain you.
Psalm 55:22 solemnly appeared at the doorstep of my heart.
I know there must be someone needing this.
I know that there are times when we are waiting for something good, and at times for something bad, like a doctor's report, or a final assignment, and we just don't know what to do.
I wanted to note down a few tips on how to rely on God during the bad times, during the times when you're waiting on something, and you don't know what to do.
The enemy wants you worried and anxious, and he doesn't want you to know that if you did put all your TRUST in God during a rough period, it will only make you stronger in faith AND in deed.
When in a period of uncertainty:
1. FOCUS on Him. The other day I put on my Facebook status: "Continually focusing on something is called mediating. What are YOU focusing on?"
If you think about what you think about, you'll get insight on what you are really focusing on and why are you giving emphasis on the bad areas of your life, instead of the good (which is: "God is faithful, God is true, God is Sustainer, God is all-knowing etc.")
2. MEDITATE on His Word. I really need to make available some of the notebooks that I talked about before and how I just flip it open when I'm either down, thinking about the wrong things, or being attacked by the enemy. It helps a lot. The flesh can be weak at remembering verses sometimes, so if you have a notebook FULL of His TRUTHS, it can then resonate in your mind wherever you are (side note: I like how Pastor T.D. Jakes calls it marinating. He says, think of a good piece of JUICY chicken...-LOL-...you put the spices and good stuff and let it soak into the meat for some time, and THEN you cook it. If you just lay the spices on top and they don't get into the actual meat, you're just going to have a nasty piece of chicken with a beautiful browned top... so true Pastor... #WiseWordsRightThurrr :) So SOAK up in your Bible reading and be JUICY. Study a passage if you want to. A nice place to read would be 2 Chronicles 20:1-30 :)
3. CONSTANTLY COMMUNICATE WITH GOD. Wow, I can't even imagine the place you might be in right now, or the place you might be in one day, but know that God's LISTENING to you.
The other day I just went on and I'm like: "God...I can't do this right now...I feel..etc," and I just told Him how I felt and He just COMFORTED me, I was just SO grateful.
He wants to listen to you.
Tell Him how worried you are, tell Him just how much xyz means to You..He cares.
P.s. Don't forget to ALSO be in PRAISE. He listens to the hard bits, but also listens to your praise, and praise will triumph over anything any day! Amen!
4. SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO MATTER. At some point, we all need HUMAN contact...lol ;-) I know what it's like to say: "no one will understand me, they won't care so why should I tell them..." and on and on, but you know what, God has shown me to APPRECIATE the people around me, even the ones I don't know. He has shown me that sometimes I don't even have to TELL them ANYTHING, and He will just USE them to comfort me. Hallelujah.
We don't need to go around telling everyone how tough it is right now but you CAN spend time with POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, ENCOURAGING, GENUINE people, and EXPECT GOD to work through them and KNOW & TRUST that He is with you wherever you go.
5. LEAN ON THE COMFORTER. What more can I say...The Comforter is the Amazing Holy Spirit whom we have within us :)
Make Him your Best Friend.
The Holy Spirit gives you words to say, He nudges you when you should take a leap of faith and step out into the unknown, He tells you to pray when you need help and even prays FOR you when you don't know what to say. The Comforter is a Friend for life, so get to know Him :)
God is with you wherever you go.
Is a girl who fell deeply in love with Jesus,